Monday, July 30, 2007

Paris






I arrived in Paris Saturday afternoon and I spent 2 full days here by myself. I took care of the essentials first: find a hotel and buy a carnet of metro tickets. I went to the Eiffel Tower first, then the Invalides, then back to the hotel.

Day 2: I went to the Arc de Triomphe first to watch the prep of the Tour de France arrival. I then moved on to the Père Lachaise Cemetery. Later that evening, I met up with colleagues for dinner in Montmartre. It was so fun to rendez-vous in Paris because I have "people"! One of the colleagues left to go back to the hotel which left Pierre et moi. We walked around Montmartre to take in the monuments lit up at night. We took the same metro line but had different correspondances so we said our goodbyes on the metro. I went back to the hotel and packed up my stuff to meet up with Delphine the next day.

No comments: