Monday, July 9, 2007

My Host Family


When I first heard about the option of living with a host family, I jumped on the opportunity because there is no quicker way to learn culture than that. A few months later, I received the name of my family in the mail...only me I tell ya! Only I could be paired up with someone named Bidet. I thought that this must be some gigantic joke or something. Turns out no, that is really their name and no they did not invent the porcelain bottom-washing apparatus. My host family, on the other hand, is the greatest! We spend time together every day laughing and talking. My host mother is Marie-Edith and her daughter is Marie-Laure. Its just the girls and its been such a pleasure thus far!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are right at home there. The host family is really cool. What we want to know is, are we going to get you back?

We are following the blog and really like what you are doing. A big thanks for your fine work.

I will end with HAPPY ANNIVERSARY FROM BOTH OF US

Bill & Jan

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're fitting in with their family. You look right at home. I enjoyed your description of the dinner and I especially liked the photo of the couple holding the bread. I can almost smell it from here! My image of France still remains that of a man, wearing a beret of course, carrying a loaf of that crusty bread on his way to the local wine shop. Your evening sounds terrific.
Happy anniversary to you. Continue to have a wonderful time.

Dad

Anonymous said...

It's almost the end of your anniversary. I bet this is the most fun you've had without Sean to celebrate with. I'm sure it's not the same for him. Anyway happy 8th anniversary. Now onto the bday.
Love your main mere