Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Daily Life


Well, I start my day pretty early for vacation--normally at 6:30am. I get myself ready and then have breakfast with my host mom with lively discourse as a main dish, as always. I get on the city bus to go to school. Once I am at the Catho, I have a class called La France Contemporaine followed by a program get together for singing and announcements. Then I have another class, Conversation, which has gone well so far and another colleague of mine told me we were placed in the highest level--say what you will. This is all before lunch. Lunch comes around 12:30 each day in a large dining room with all profs and "students" alike. Its served course by course like all French meals complete with red wine from the Loire Valley and of course bread. At 2pm, or 14 o'clock for us, I have nothing else that demands my time but cafes, museums, parcs and castles. I know, again with the castle thing, but you have not yet heard where my classes take place...in a castle. TA DA! Thats the advantage of loving castles and having the fortune of being in the Loire Valley for some time. After class today, I went to a cafe with 2 other colleagues to read for homework and consume another Orangina. I did not see the actual castle today, but there's always tomorrow though I did see a couple gothic cathedrals. May sound like I am becoming complacent to you. Au contraire! Still love the castles and cathedrals that are standard issue here. After working on some homework, We walked around a park in the middle of the city because dinner is not served until 7pm, 19 o'clock for me, so I have some time to wander. Its truly La Vie En Rose. Which, CL, is no longer playing au cinema--zut alors!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gotta be lovin' it! The pictures certainly add a wonderful degree of realism to the blog. It reads and looks like a travel journal. Is there a new career on the horizon?

Keep them coming.

Dad

sailorshamrock said...

Je suis trés jalouse.