Thursday, July 26, 2007

Exams



My time here in Angers is coming quickly to an end. I had an exam today in the conversation class that consisted of reading a newspaper outloud. The goal being linking letters and intonation. It also contained a composition--I know, conversation class, right?--the subject: describe your time here in Angers; the catch: use as many words and expressions that have been given as part of the content of the course. For starters, I have a list of hundreds of metaphores and another list of idioms, proverbs and yet another list of words in general. After the exam, we all asked each other how many expressions we employed. Most of my colleagues used 15-25 expressions for 2-3 page paper (hand written). I came in with 46 expressions. Do what you will with that piece of information ;) Pictured: proof that some academia took place here!

2 comments:

KHM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

so you answered my question, you are learning tons while having the time of your life.

Dad, nice save about the girlie wines.

Can't wait to get you back home again.

Great picture at the castle (20th day)

Have a great final week!!!!!!

Bill & Jan