Thursday, August 7, 2008

Summer Fun


The last few weeks have been busy, good busy. I've had the opportunity to do lots of things that I like to do. I spend every Wednesday at the Chautauqua Institution facilitating a French conversation for all who want to practice, learn or keep up with their French. Its a great deal of fun.

Tuesday, I had the great pleasure of going to the Genesee Country Museum & Village with my friend and colleague, Kim. Its a wonderful place to go. Its a working 19th century village in which the workers wear period clothing, farm the land and make food, yarn, brooms, and other objects straight from their land. The buildings are lovely. Some are mansions, others are merchants and others are houses of worship, schools or other purposes needed. This particular museum is the 3rd largest of its kind behind Dearborne, Michigan and Williamsburg, Virginia.

The rest of the week has been filled with items like babysitting, going to the gym, volunteering at the Flipside and doing household chores.

Not a great post today. Just an update on what I'm doing. Thank God for giving us restful moments of fun, friends and family in between the necessities.

No comments: