Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Things are Not What They Seem

Mural in Québec City on the side of a building.

Much like this mural, many things are deceiving.  On the surface, I'm a person who works, goes to a gym, attends a church and is married.  If you get to the depth of me, you'll find different results.  Sure, I'm still married and still go about daily business like most people.  What I mean is, we're different people on the inside than what we present to others.  We often put our best foot forward as the adage says of us.  It's not until we let down our guard or get close to someone that we let the truth reveal itself.

I have to say, as transparent as I am, I still keep distance with a lot of people.  There are only a few people that really know me well enough to be able to predict my behavior.  Most people know me for my Eiffel Tower collection, love of French things and love of youth and travel. What most people don't know is...
  1. I have a love/hate relationship with cooking
  2. I have the ability to convince anyone of anything--yet I'm not in sales
  3. I am an introvert though I appear to be an extrovert.
  4. I refuse to let myself get emotional.
  5. I'm not just a pretty face, ya know
As I said, things are not what they seem.

2 comments:

Shamrock said...

Nobody ever said that you were just a pretty face, did they? That wouldn't be very nice of them. Well, whether or not I know you extremely well, I still love you!!! So there.

Rachael said...

Nobody said that I WAS a pretty face at all. I just thought I'd put that at the bottom of the list--a strategic placement.