Thursday, September 18, 2008

One of my Favorite Places

Newport, RI, sailing haven
Seafood boat on Cape Cod
Cape Cod beach--chilly that day but still charming

Surprisingly, its not in Europe or outside of the US for that matter. New England is what makes my heart flutter! The first time I went was when I was about 12 years old with my Girl Scout Troop. We spent time in Boston, Plymouth and Cape Cod. I've loved it ever since. It is also fair to say that I love every place I visit.

The last couple years, I have had the opportunity to go 3 times to New England. The occasion being that my sister went to law school in Rhode Island. When I went, we toured Boston, Cape Cod, Plymouth and other haunts I was introduced to as a young girl.

I love the water, siding on the houses, quaint towns, friendly locals and abundant seafood. Its not a day in New England without its namesake chowder.

1 comment:

Shamrock said...

I don't like chowder. Well, if it is seafood chowder. But I'm a huge fan of New England. It's all quaint. Quaint quaint quaint.