Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lessons I Learned Abroad

I saw these two gals together and thought they were priceless.  Essouira, Morocco.
  1. There's no place like home.
  2. People have resolved problems I didn't even know existed with fascinating solutions.
  3. People are people no matter where they come from.
  4. Children are children, too.
  5. There is a lot of good in the world.
  6. Every locale has its own appeal and charm.
  7. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
  8. People take for granted the beauty around them and seek beauty elsewhere.
  9. When I'm home, I can't wait to get away.  When I'm away, I can't wait to get home.
  10. People are suckers for green eyes and a charming accent.
  11. Sites are more stunning than a picture can ever display.
  12. Don't expect anything to be like it is at home--especially toilets.
  13. You truly learn what you're made of when you're away from your comfort zone.
  14. You learn how big and small the world really is.

2 comments:

Shamrock said...

Blue eyes are no joke, mind. Don't let her fool you...

Rachael said...

Good point, KSM! Blue and green are the rarest in the world. We think little of it in our country.