Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Trip Prep

That's right, I'm trying to get my act together for Haiti. Its been a difficult adventure having to prepare lesson plans in detail of the entire program. Not so much doing the plans but having to state the obvious because Haitian teachers don't 1. do lesson plans and 2. do not consider the obvious that we consider. I even have to mention things as rudimentary as "participants will take notes as the presenter talks"--sounds rather blatant but its true these things need to be said. Its like being in undergrad education again!

I'm also waiting on a verdict from our church's Mission Commission to see if they will grant me money for this trip.

I've also been wasting my time as of late on Facebook. I started an account a long time ago with an alias but then decided to own up to my identity. Sure enough, the same day I admitted who I was, where I live and where I went to school people came out of the woodwork rather quickly. Now, I'm struggling with being known and the privacy of anonymity.

1 comment:

Shamrock said...

Facebook... Got me too. People I didn't even like and still don't ask to be my friend. It's annoying, really.